Monday, February 7, 2011

Can You Use New Look Gift Cards Online

Municipal Museum and unity of Italy

Eravamo riuniti al secondo piano del edificio comunale, in attesa dell'inizio della visita guidata per conoscere le tracce dell'unità d'Italia lasciate dalla storia in questo luogo nel centro di Bologna. Ogni volta che torno in questa lunga e rettangolare sala, riscopro lo stupore, come la prima volta quando l'avevo vista. I muri coperti da affreschi delle tonalità calde della terra, dal marrone scuro al siena bruciato al nero, con in fondo la luce che entra dalle due finestre, è un luogo magico che mi incanta ogni volta.

Unità di Italia nel palazzo comunale di Bologna

La nostra guida era Mirtide Gavelli.  Lei aveva subito chiarito che non era una storica dell'arte, but only a historian, so we should not expect to know the artistic heritage of this wonderful museum of its tour.

Unità di Italia nel palazzo comunale di Bologna

Over the past 13 years, ever since we moved to Bologna, I went to the municipal museum of art several times. Each visit was a new discovery, to learn about the culture, history, art of the city. Now I try whenever I can, to join guided tours to the beautiful city that holds regular. These visits have dramatically changed my relationship with Bologna, but also with the world.

seems incredible, but I think you can not see it even an elephant, if you do not know what an elephant. When I arrived to live in Bologna, I thought that museums were boring places. Before coming to Bologna, I visited many museums in different cities around the world. I'm not saying that I had not appreciated the paintings of Van Gogh when they had visited the art museum in London, or the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican Museums, but it was an appreciation of art, a little 'detached and antiseptic.

Instead, feel the history as something alive, something that concerns me personally, I learned to feel at Bologna. The various museums of Bologna, the archeology museum, the medieval museum, and museum of contemporary art, little by little I discovered all through these tours.

Maybe it helped that in Bologna, the entry the museums is free. I do not think the issue of saving 4-5 Euros, but when you pay a ticket, you have the time to visit and see everything right. Do not pay the ticket to spend only 5-10 minutes in the museum. I do not feel like something that belongs to you, you get inside only for 5 minutes because you're going through and just want to see a picture that you liked.

my discovery of the history and culture of Bologna, I've kept to myself. Today Bologna has many foreign students, including those who come for specialized studies and doctorates. I had the opportunity to meet many Indian students come here only for a few months or maybe for a few years. Most of the time they do not speak Italian, and do not have time to learn the language, perhaps because they live among other students, where everyone speaks English, and study their subjects in English. So I feel my duty to let them know the city, beyond the superficial appearance. Already a few times I went with a small group of Indian students to go through a guided tour that I followed, to let them know a small part of this heritage.

The visit last night was very interesting. The history of the cardinal legate who ruled Bologna, the arrival of French troops in 1796, the paintings of the fasces in the town hall to symbolize the Jacobin republic, the choice of three colors of the flag that have been painted in different ways in the palace, and Cisalpine republics Cispadana, the start of the period of 60 years of revolution and attacks that led to the unification of Italy, I understand some parts of Italian history that did not know before.

Unità di Italia nel palazzo comunale di Bologna
The fasces from 1797

Unità di Italia nel palazzo comunale di Bologna
symbol of the Jacobin republic Cispadana

Unità di Italia nel palazzo comunale di Bologna
The colors of the Italian flag in the painting expressed

Unità di Italia nel palazzo comunale di Bologna
Cispadana cities of the republic (maybe), and then change repainted in the colors of the papal league

I want to express thanks to the city of Bologna for these experiences, e anche a Mirtide Gavelli, la nostra guida per questa visita.

***

0 comments:

Post a Comment