Sunday, September 26, 2010

2009 Chevy Silverado 427 Ss For Sale

matruska

Why do some books we like a lot and others not?

prefer to read books that I introduce people to new experiences, not experienced before. At the same time, I prefer books that have something familiar, something I can identify with.

When I like a book, I often go to look for other similar, but more often than the other books do not give the same pleasure.

For example, I like the stories to matruska, where the story of a life contains within itself another, and that leads you to another one and so on. Often these stories are linked to obsessive reconstruction of a past.

stories set against the backdrop of the matruska Holocaust are among my favorites. Maybe I was 13 or 14 years, when I read my first book of this kind and I was immediately captured. The drama of the events, tragedies of so many lives, struggles for survival in the ghettos and concentration camps, were all elements that struck me very strongly and when I read one of these stories, for weeks I continued to hear their echoes in my head.

There was a time when I was convinced that I had lived in a concentration camp in another life. I dreamed of being locked in a freight train with many other people. At the time, I read the stories of young Israelis who worked in the kibbutz and dreamed of one day to go to Israel to live within a kibbutz.

In the last 15-20 years, when I began to understand what is happening in Palestine, my admiration for Israel has lost a little at a time. However, even today I continue to try and read books about the Shoah.



*** When I read the introduction on the cover of the new book Gad Lerner, " Sparks - a tale of wandering souls " I could not resist.

Like me, Gad was born in 1954 and, like me, he has a mixed family from the religious point of view - he and his wife catholic jew. In addition, I also like his family has left pieces of themselves in the various countries where he lived. I could understand his desire to rediscover i luoghi del passato:
. .. è nato in me l'impulso di visitare i loro luoghi. Non so perché, ma ero sicuro di riconoscerli. Frugando nel mosaico di felicità perdute, rintracciabili nei loro accenni, volevo capire cosa ci fosse d'inenarrabile nella vicenda che li ha schiacciati entrambi. Ho deciso di far da me, essendo la trasmissione naturale del racconto ostruita da grumi d'imbarazzo e avversione.
Invece nonostante tutte le promesse, non ho amato "Scintille". E' un libro interessante, da leggere senza annoiarsi ma non ha evocato la passione dentro di me. Ho avuto la sensazione che Gad non voleva lasciarsi coinvolgere emotivamente mentre lo scriveva. Tornare nei luoghi del proprio passato, nel tentativo di reconstruct the stories of relatives killed or disappeared many years ago, may be something that touches you deeply and change you forever. This is true even more if the stories of the past are worn against the backdrop of a dramatic event like the Shoah. Instead, in the words of Gad longer felt the separation of the journalist that the emotions of a grandchild to research the history of his grandparents.

He admits this posting, this will not get involved too early in the book: Seeking
today, you were not. Find out what happened to the homes from which we have gone maybe I will help chase away the temptation to guide them, of another Jewish family saga in the days infernali del Novecento, infarcita come di prammatica di controversie patrimoniali, aborti, richieste inoltrate ai figli o al fratello tramite avvocato. Un ginepraio in cui non fingerò di immedesimarmi: frugare nel passato per cucirlo su misura intorno ai nostri malesseri è un detestabile.
Inoltre, mi aspettavo un punto di vista diverso riguardo la religione ebraica da questo libro. Mi aspettavo lo sguardo di uno che conosce la propria religione, ma che ha vissuto un rapporto d'amore vicino ad un'altra religione e per cui, può guardare la propria religione con gli occhi nuovi. Invece, questo sguardo, diverso e nuovo, manca dal libro. Non voglio dire che il libro non sia interessante, ma l'ho trovato un po' limitato.

For example, I liked this description of the different souls of beings according to Jewish tradition:
is why the Bible needs to define the different names for different levels of the soul, as stated in the Zohar, that is, the "Book of Splendour" , Prince of Kabbalah text: it is nefes (vital spirit), ruach (spirit) and Neshama (soul or inner super-soul).
While reading it, I thought the description of the different layers of consciousness in the tradition Ayurvedic in India. So read

Sparks was like reading a rapportage travel, well written, and dry style of journalism, but I did not hear the voices of the soul suoi personaggi.
Quando la storia infrange il mosaico della convivenza, ne prorompe il rancore delle vittime impossibilitate a rifarsi una vita. E intorno a loro si propaga l'ignoranza ben oltre i protagonisti del dramma, trasformando il senso comune; scavando un fossato incolmabile di estraneità negli stessi luoghi che per secoli, prima della separazione forzata, erano fioriti solo grazie alla loro capacità di far tesoro della convivenza.
Scintille - una storia di anime vagabonde , Gad Lerner, Feltrinelli editore 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment